The stress of divorce is up there with the most difficult of life experiences. It’s…
Clear the Clutter
It’s springtime and the sun is shining. It’s a good time not only for a spring clean but also for a spring clearing. Living and working in amongst things we don’t really need or want drains our energy and keeps us stuck. This is particularly critical when your home is your office. If you want to give yourself and your business a quick boost then you could try taking an honest look at your working space. For example is your work space supporting you by having everything you need and easy to access or is it taking your time and energy to find things? Find some time to declutter your environment and see how much brighter and positive you feel.
Here are some tips to get started
1. Do a room a day, or if it’s your office perhaps a drawer a day. Whatever you choose make it manageable. And keep going each day until you’ve finished.
2. Check that your environment contains only what you really love or you really need. If you haven’t used an item for a year it’s time to move it on to a new owner.
3. Make sure you don’t have an excessive amount of furniture. Too much bulk in a room makes it hard to move around. You need to be able to walk freely and easily without bumping into things or wriggling past them.
4. Don’t just hide things in boxes or filing cabinets, the garage or the attic. Be honest with yourself about whether you really need these things in your life when you’re not using them.
5. Fix anything that is broken (or throw it away) it takes time and energy to work with things that are not as they are meant to be. Make sure everything is in good working order, such as no dripping taps, squeaky doors etc.
6. If you really want to freshen things up wash the walls with cold water with a few drops of lavender oil or lemon oil infused in it. You may even feel a fresh coat of paint is in order! Choose light colours for a lighter fresher feel.
7. Enjoy the inspiration and energy you get from your new living and working environment.